We believe that it's the experience and not the things that matter most. We love LOVE and would be honored to help you plan and celebrate this important life moment surrounded by those you cherish most! Let us make this experience one that is stress-free, joyful and tailored around creating an unforgettable event for you and your guests!
Each planner on our team has years of event planning experience and can handle stress and last minute logistical challenges with ease. We understand that there are no do-overs when it comes to getting it right and will make it our goal to exceed your expectations at every turn so that hiring us turns out to be the best decision you make in planning your event!
And I’m humbled and proud to be the owner of A Southern Soiree going on 9 years now! It’s been quite a journey and I’ve learned so much and met SO many amazing couples and vendors along the way! A little about me…. I graduated from East Carolina University (Go Pirates!) with my hospitality degree and MBA. After graduation, I earned my stripes in the hotel industry by working for Marriott for almost 5 years on the event operations/planning side in roles that lead me to my love of events. My favorite part of my job is building long lasting friendships with my clients and going above their expectations to create an amazing and fun celebration! I love getting to know the inner workings of people’s personalities…so much so, that I started a wedding industry podcast last year! It has led me to another passion of mine which is consulting with other industry vendors on growing their business purposefully!
"Her broad experience and close relationships with vendors, coupled with her organized, detail-oriented, and warm nature made planning a long distance wedding in 6 months as easy as you can imagine. In general, I felt like she understood and picked up on our vibe very quickly, which made the planning process so seamless. The best part was that Megan never once forced a decision on us, but whenever I needed her opinion (which was frequently!), she was there to provide it with sound reasoning." - LISA, BRIDE
• Since I mentioned love personality inner workings , I thought I’d share some of my own: I’m an ENFJ, a solid 3 on the Enneagram, and my love language is totally words of affirmation!
• I’m a lover of all things sweet but my absolute favorite is Slice Pie and Two Roosters Ice Cream!
• I love dance parties in my living room with my hubs and our three sweet daughters (Emma, Molly, and Abigail).
• Speaking of hubs, I met mine back on match.com in 2009 and he’s the best partner/friend/dad EVER.
-• One of my (scary) passions is speaking on college campuses and industry events! I’m terrified right before I go on but absolutely love it while I’m doing it!
• I’ve traveled a lot to some really amazing places but have yet to see the Grand Canyon!
• In my spare time, I like to bake, paint, drink wine, and snuggle up on the couch with my hubs.
Like Megan, I graduated from East Carolina University with my degree in Hospitality Management. During my time at ECU, I worked in catering for weddings and events (sometimes they even let me prepare and cook the food!). I also went way outside my homebody nature and completed a 3 month internship in Dallas, Texas with the Four Seasons Resort and Club at Los Colinas. Shortly after graduation, I was lucky enough to join this amazing team and I can’t believe it’s almost been 8 years! I value clients that trust me to handle one of the most important days of their lives and being organized and on top of the details is totally how I roll! In fact, I’ve been called a wedding fairy by past clients on multiple occasions and I love that!! 😉
"I was skeptical if we needed a wedding planner at all when we were starting to plan our wedding. I decided to give it a go and it was the best decision we made. At one point (10 minutes before we walked down the isle), Gina had the entire bridal party and family gathered, while also hand sewing my dress which I accidentally ripped. She jumped in where needed and was ALWAYS 2 steps ahead of everything." - KRISTEN, BRIDE
• I have always lived in North Carolina (except 3 month internship in Dallas, TX)
• I love all types of cakes ... make that desserts
• I've been featured on two national blogs
• I love surrounding myself with funny people
• I have two precious fur babies (Addie and Beau) and one sweet human baby boy, Conner
• Breakfast for dinner is the best dinner ... or anything with cheese!
• I would rather go barefoot than wear shoes
• I live for the big hug goodbye at the end of the night before the couple leaves!
My passion for celebrating started early on...I have always been the event planner amongst my family and friends. After graduating with a degree in Communications, I spent 8 years working in downtown Chapel Hill, planning parties and weddings, and blogging about seasonal decor and entertaining. For longer than I can remember, my goal was to establish a career as a wedding planner and I am honored to be a part of this phenomenal, talented team in pursuing that dream. It is my pleasure to be the trusted and organized "keeper of logistics" for such an important life event to my clients, but my favorite part of planning weddings is helping create those intentional and meaningful moments that will be cherished forever!
• I love Fall/Halloween/Christmas so much that September-December is now referred to as #FlakeFlourishSeason amongst my family and friends!
• A goal of mine is to contribute in some capacity to Southern Living magazine one day
• I dream of designing a holiday set for a Hallmark movie
• I run on coffee and sparkling water
• Harry Potter is my favorite novel series
• In my free time I enjoy long, peaceful strolls through HomeGoods and Target
• My favorite trips are eating (esp barbecue!) and drinking my way through Southern cities with my boyfriend Kendall
• I’m obsessed with pretty front porches and could spend every evening in the summer front porch sittin’ with a glass of wine
I have worked in several facets of events industry over the last 10+ years (that sure makes me feel old!). If forced to choose, it would be the behind the scenes logistics on wedding day and the magic of watching it all come together that are my absolute favorite. In planning and life, I absolutely love forming connections with others.
• My niece & nephew make my world go round!
• Lover of all dogs! Which obviously includes 2 of my own - my 9 year old Great Dane, Hummer, & 2 year old Labradoodle, Max
• A great cup of coffee, yummy local eats, and fun hole in the wall finds are my favorite adventures whether it be while exploring Raleigh or traveling
• My friends tease that I will make friends anywhere we go and that include people and pups!
• That being said, I am most definitely an extroverted introvert as I live for days snuggled on my couch (with my pups) with a binge-worthy Netflix series
• I have a major sweet tooth, but if forced to choose, ice cream always wins