While most people focus on the cake or the dress or the favors, we know — and you know, too — that what really matters is the surprise-and-delight moments you create for your guests at the reception, or the joy on your partner’s face as they see you walk down the aisle, and the marriage you’re building for years to come.
You deserve a day that is stress-free, joyful and tailored to your vision of an unforgettable event for you and your guests. It would be our team’s honor to help you celebrate.
Each planner on our team has years of event planning experience to tackle everything a wedding day can throw your way, from last-minute logistical challenges, to vendor coordination, and when Aunt Jill has one too many glasses of chardonnay. We understand that there are no do-overs when it comes to getting it right and will make it our goal to exceed your expectations at every turn so that hiring us turns out to be the best decision you make in planning your event!
I’m a North Carolina (Raleigh/Cary) native. I tell it like it is with a little fluff, a lot of realness, and always with a smile! I value clients that trust me to handle one of the most important days of their lives. In fact, I’ve been called a wedding fairy by past clients on multiple occasions. 😉 I graduated from East Carolina University (Go Pirates!) with my degree in Hospitality Management where I worked in catering for weddings and events for two years, completed an internship in Dallas, Texas with the Four Seasons Resort and Club at Los Colinas and shortly after graduation, was lucky enough to join this amazing team! I’ve been a planner at A Southern Soiree for a decade now (time flies when you’re having fun) and joyful, kind-hearted humans who want to throw one heck of a party are my people!
• I have two precious fur babies (Addie and Beau) and one sweet human baby boy, Conner
• Being the calming presence in a chaotic and fast paced day is one of the many reasons why I love this job
• I have a weakness for Fast Food and can rattle off my go-to order in a heartbeat!
• Barefoot over wearing shoes (especially heels) any day!
• I live for the big hug goodbye at the end of the night before the couple leaves!
"I was skeptical if we needed a wedding planner at all when we were starting to plan our wedding. I decided to give it a go and it was the best decision we made. At one point (10 minutes before we walked down the aisle), she had the entire bridal party and family gathered, while also hand sewing my dress which I accidentally ripped. She jumped in where needed and was ALWAYS 2 steps ahead of everything."
My passion for celebrating started early on...I have always been the event planner amongst my family and friends. After graduating with a degree in Communications, I spent 8 years working in downtown Chapel Hill, planning parties and weddings, and blogging about seasonal decor and entertaining. For longer than I can remember, my goal was to establish a career as a wedding planner and I am honored to be a part of this phenomenal, talented team in pursuing that dream. It is my pleasure to be the trusted and organized "keeper of logistics" for such an important life event to my clients, but my favorite part of planning weddings is helping create those intentional and meaningful moments that will be cherished forever!
• I love Fall/Halloween/Christmas so much that September-December is now referred to as #FlakeFlourishSeason amongst my family and friends!
• A goal of mine is to contribute in some capacity to Southern Living magazine one day
• I dream of designing a holiday set for a Hallmark movie
• I run on coffee and sparkling water
• Harry Potter is my favorite novel series
• In my free time I enjoy long, peaceful strolls through HomeGoods and Target
• My favorite trips are eating (esp barbecue!) and drinking my way through Southern cities with my boyfriend Kendall
• I’m obsessed with pretty front porches and could spend every evening in the summer front porch sittin’ with a glass of wine
"A Southern Soiree is a unique business that really does focus on the individual client and what will make them happy with their event, as opposed to pushing them in the direction that is the trendiest or most common. They took the time to get to know me and my family so that they could make sure that they gave the advice and guidance that would make our wedding truly ours. "
I have worked in several facets of events industry over the last 10+ years (that sure makes me feel old!). If forced to choose, it would be the behind the scenes logistics on wedding day and the magic of watching it all come together that are my absolute favorite. In planning and life, I absolutely love forming connections with others.
• Being an Aunt makes my world go round!
• Lover of all dogs! Which obviously includes my own - my 3 year old Labradoodle, Max
• A great cup of coffee, yummy local eats, and fun hole in the wall finds are my favorite adventures whether it be while exploring Raleigh or traveling
• My friends tease that I will make friends anywhere we go and that include people and pups!
• That being said, I am most definitely an extroverted introvert as I live for days snuggled on my couch (with my pup) with a binge-worthy Netflix series
• I have a major sweet tooth, but if forced to choose, ice cream always wins
"We never felt pressured to make certain vendor choices however she ensured all of our decisions were informed. She made us feel so relaxed the day of the wedding and I can honestly say I had zero worries. Her attention to detail and personal touches made our guests rave about their experience."
I dove head first into the hospitality industry immediately upon graduating High Point University and have worked in various different roles at hotels and resorts, from Massachusetts to Florida, prior to settling in North Carolina and landing an opportunity with A Southern Soiree. I’m extremely lucky to have found my passion within event planning a few years ago (thank you Megan!) and love that I can be in complete control of organizing and ensuring a positive experience while also contributing to the happiness of those around me. I’m always eager to learn about clients and truly understand them. My favorite part about each wedding is watching all of the details come together to uniquely reflect each couple.
• We spend a portion of the year traveling and I love that I can take this passion with me and work from wherever we are
• I live in a man cave. Well, a pretty man cave with “more than enough” fuzzy blankets and anthro candles
• Outnumbered by my husband, our two toddler boys and massive Australian Shepherd
• Breakfast pastries over desserts… I know, I’m crazy!
• One of my biggest personality flaws is wanting everything to be clean and organized (have I said I love my job? because let's be honest... I'm not getting this anywhere else in life haha!)
• Margaritas :)
"A Southern Soiree was the best decision we made for our wedding day. Even though we had a wedding planner, we still got to enjoy the planning process. Gina was always there to help us with the tough decisions and make sure we didn't forget about anything. On the day of the wedding, Gina treated us like royalty, giving us the opportunity to truly enjoy our special day."
I never grew up wanting to be a wedding planner but I have always had a love of connection with people and earning their trust and friendship! A little over a decade ago, I took a leap of faith and left my job as a venue coordinator for Marriott hotels and took over ownership of A Southern Soiree. It’s been an amazing journey filled with laughter, tears (some happy and some sad), and some of the best stories of love you can imagine from families I’ve been honored to work with over the years. As the business has grown, so has my love of entrepreneurship and I now have other business babies in the Southern Soiree family (along with 3 real babies!) in the form of my wedding planner education and membership site, The Planner’s Vault and my Wedding Industry Podcast, Weddings For Real. My love for the hospitality industry runs deep and I can’t wait to connect with you! Head over to the “for vendors” section to learn more about my coaching and speaking offerings for wedding pros.
• I graduated from East Carolina University (Go Pirates!) with my hospitality degree and MBA.
• After graduation, I earned my stripes in the hotel industry by working for Marriott for almost 5 years on the event operations/planning side in roles that lead me to my love of events.
• My favorite part of my job is building long-lasting friendships with my clients and going above their expectations to create an amazing and fun celebration!
• I love getting to know the inner workings of people’s personalities…so much so, that I started a wedding industry podcast back in 2018! It has led me to another passion of mine which is consulting with other industry vendors on growing their business purposefully!