We believe that it's the experience and not the things that matter most. We love LOVE and would be honored to help you plan and celebrate this important life moment surrounded by those you cherish most! Let us make this experience one that is stress-free, joyful and tailored around creating an unforgettable event for you and your guests!
Each planner on our team has years of event planning experience and can handle stress and last minute logistical challenges with ease. We understand that there are no do-overs when it comes to getting it right and will make it our goal to exceed your expectations at every turn so that hiring us turns out to be the best decision you make in planning your event!
And I’m humbled and proud to be the owner of A Southern Soiree going on 9 years now! It’s been quite a journey and I’ve learned so much and met SO many amazing couples and vendors along the way! A little about me…. I graduated from East Carolina University (Go Pirates!) with my hospitality degree and MBA. After graduation, I earned my stripes in the hotel industry by working for Marriott for almost 5 years on the event operations/planning side in roles that lead me to my love of events. My favorite part of my job is building long lasting friendships with my clients and going above their expectations to create an amazing and fun celebration! I love getting to know the inner workings of people’s personalities…so much so, that I started a wedding industry podcast last year! It has led me to another passion of mine which is consulting with other industry vendors on growing their business purposefully!
• Since I mentioned love personality inner workings , I thought I’d share some of my own: I’m an ENFJ, a solid 3 on the Enneagram, and my love language is totally words of affirmation!
• I’m a lover of all things sweet but my absolute favorite is Slice Pie and Two Roosters Ice Cream!
• I love dance parties in my living room with my hubs and our three sweet daughters (Emma, Molly, and Abigail).
• Speaking of hubs, I met mine back on match.com in 2009 and he’s the best partner/friend/dad EVER.
-• One of my (scary) passions is speaking on college campuses and industry events! I’m terrified right before I go on but absolutely love it while I’m doing it!
• I’ve traveled a lot to some really amazing places but have yet to see the Grand Canyon!
• In my spare time, I like to bake, paint, drink wine, and snuggle up on the couch with my hubs.
Like Megan, I graduated from East Carolina University with my degree in Hospitality Management. During my time at ECU, I worked in catering for weddings and events (sometimes they even let me prepare and cook the food!). I also went way outside my homebody nature and completed a 3 month internship in Dallas, Texas with the Four Seasons Resort and Club at Los Colinas. Shortly after graduation, I was lucky enough to join this amazing team and I can’t believe it’s almost been 8 years! I value clients that trust me to handle one of the most important days of their lives and being organized and on top of the details is totally how I role! In fact, I’ve been called a wedding fairy by past clients on multiple occasions and I love that!! 😉
• I have always lived in North Carolina (except 3 month internship in Dallas, TX)
• I love all types of cakes ... make that desserts
• I've been featured on two national blogs
• I love surrounding myself with funny people
• I have two precious fur babies (Addie and Beau) and one sweet human baby boy, Conner
• Breakfast for dinner is the best dinner ... or anything with cheese!
• I would rather go barefoot than wear shoes
• I live for the big hug goodbye at the end of the night before the couple leaves!
Over the past few years, I have developed skills that have enhanced my organization, time management, client interaction, and design qualities that are now inherent to who I am. I have worked with couples on planning and designing one of the most important days in their lives and have executed countless events flawlessly. I have worked with many vendors who I now call friends and have managed generous budgets while working on behalf of my clients to get the best option. I have designed gorgeous weddings for many different styles and aesthetics, which shows my ability to adapt and perform for any client. I'd love the opportunity to help make your dream day a reality!
• Timeless, never trendy
• Traveling, exploring, and experiencing new cultures will always be at the top of my bucket list
• Dog mom to the sweetest Cockapoo named Charlie
• Whoever created the Athleisure trend deserves an award; However, there's nothing better than getting all dolled up for a night out
• Grew up eating authentic Mexican food (thanks Grandma!) and can now make some mean enchiladas
• True Story: I went to a hot yoga class, almost passed out, and forced my boyfriend Brian to take me to Dunkin' Donuts to bring me back to life. Clearly yoga is not my thing, but I love a good Barre class