We believe that it's the experience and not the things that matter most. We love LOVE and would be honored to help you plan and celebrate this important life moment surrounded by those you cherish most! Let us make this experience one that is stress-free, joyful and tailored around creating an unforgettable event for you and your guests!
Each planner on our team has years of event planning experience and can handle stress and last minute logistical challenges with ease. We understand that there are no do-overs when it comes to getting it right and will make it our goal to exceed your expectations at every turn so that hiring us turns out to be the best decision you make in planning your event!
I never grew up wanting to be a wedding planner but I have always had a love of connection with people and earning their trust and friendship! 10 years ago, I took a leap of faith and left my job as a venue coordinator for Marriott hotels and took over ownership of A Southern Soiree. It’s been an amazing journey filled with laughter, tears (some happy and some sad), and some of the best stories of love you can imagine from families I’ve been honored to work with over the years. As the business has grown, so has my love of entrepreneurship and I now have other business babies in the Southern Soiree family (along with 3 real babies!) in the form of my Wedding Industry Podcast, Weddings For Real and my wedding planner Education Site, The Planner’s Vault! My love for the hospitality industry runs deep and I can’t wait to connect with you!
• I graduated from East Carolina University (Go Pirates!) with my hospitality degree and MBA.
• After graduation, I earned my stripes in the hotel industry by working for Marriott for almost 5 years on the event operations/planning side in roles that lead me to my love of events.
• My favorite part of my job is building long-lasting friendships with my clients and going above their expectations to create an amazing and fun celebration!
• I love getting to know the inner workings of people’s personalities…so much so, that I started a wedding industry podcast back in 2018! It has led me to another passion of mine which is consulting with other industry vendors on growing their business purposefully!
"I was skeptical if we needed a wedding planner at all when we were starting to plan our wedding. I decided to give it a go and it was the best decision we made. At one point (10 minutes before we walked down the aisle), she had the entire bridal party and family gathered, while also hand sewing my dress which I accidentally ripped. She jumped in where needed and was ALWAYS 2 steps ahead of everything."
Like Megan, I graduated from East Carolina University with my degree in Hospitality Management. During my time at ECU, I worked in catering for weddings and events (sometimes they even let me prepare and cook the food!). I also went way outside my homebody nature and completed a 3 month internship in Dallas, Texas with the Four Seasons Resort and Club at Los Colinas. Shortly after graduation, I was lucky enough to join this amazing team and I can’t believe it’s almost been 8 years! I value clients that trust me to handle one of the most important days of their lives and being organized and on top of the details is totally how I roll! In fact, I’ve been called a wedding fairy by past clients on multiple occasions and I love that!! 😉
• I have always lived in North Carolina (except 3 month internship in Dallas, TX)
• I love all types of cakes ... make that desserts
• I've been featured on two national blogs
• I love surrounding myself with funny people
• I have two precious fur babies (Addie and Beau) and one sweet human baby boy, Conner
• Breakfast for dinner is the best dinner ... or anything with cheese!
• I would rather go barefoot than wear shoes
• I live for the big hug goodbye at the end of the night before the couple leaves!
"A Southern Soiree is a unique business that really does focus on the individual client and what will make them happy with their event, as opposed to pushing them in the direction that is the trendiest or most common. They took the time to get to know me and my family so that they could make sure that they gave the advice and guidance that would make our wedding truly ours. "
My passion for celebrating started early on...I have always been the event planner amongst my family and friends. After graduating with a degree in Communications, I spent 8 years working in downtown Chapel Hill, planning parties and weddings, and blogging about seasonal decor and entertaining. For longer than I can remember, my goal was to establish a career as a wedding planner and I am honored to be a part of this phenomenal, talented team in pursuing that dream. It is my pleasure to be the trusted and organized "keeper of logistics" for such an important life event to my clients, but my favorite part of planning weddings is helping create those intentional and meaningful moments that will be cherished forever!
• I love Fall/Halloween/Christmas so much that September-December is now referred to as #FlakeFlourishSeason amongst my family and friends!
• A goal of mine is to contribute in some capacity to Southern Living magazine one day
• I dream of designing a holiday set for a Hallmark movie
• I run on coffee and sparkling water
• Harry Potter is my favorite novel series
• In my free time I enjoy long, peaceful strolls through HomeGoods and Target
• My favorite trips are eating (esp barbecue!) and drinking my way through Southern cities with my boyfriend Kendall
• I’m obsessed with pretty front porches and could spend every evening in the summer front porch sittin’ with a glass of wine
"We never felt pressured to make certain vendor choices however she ensured all of our decisions were informed. She made us feel so relaxed the day of the wedding and I can honestly say I had zero worries. Her attention to detail and personal touches made our guests rave about their experience."
I have worked in several facets of events industry over the last 10+ years (that sure makes me feel old!). If forced to choose, it would be the behind the scenes logistics on wedding day and the magic of watching it all come together that are my absolute favorite. In planning and life, I absolutely love forming connections with others.
• My niece & nephew make my world go round!
• Lover of all dogs! Which obviously includes 2 of my own - my 9 year old Great Dane, Hummer, & 2 year old Labradoodle, Max
• A great cup of coffee, yummy local eats, and fun hole in the wall finds are my favorite adventures whether it be while exploring Raleigh or traveling
• My friends tease that I will make friends anywhere we go and that include people and pups!
• That being said, I am most definitely an extroverted introvert as I live for days snuggled on my couch (with my pups) with a binge-worthy Netflix series
• I have a major sweet tooth, but if forced to choose, ice cream always wins
"A Southern Soiree was the best decision we made for our wedding day. Even though we had a wedding planner, we still got to enjoy the planning process. Gina was always there to help us with the tough decisions and make sure we didn't forget about anything. On the day of the wedding, Gina treated us like royalty, giving us the opportunity to truly enjoy our special day."