This sweet couple was married this past December at St. Thomas More
in Chapel Hill, followed by dinner and dancing at the beautiful Fearrington Barn
. We started working with Meg and Greg last January. After searching the triangle for the best venue to host their winter wedding, Meg and Greg were excited to tell their friends and family about their perfect location. Their vision for the wedding began coming to life and we quickly started figuring out ways to make the day unique to the two of them.
The barn was full of touches from Meg and Greg’s relationship. The table names were all places that were important to both of them and their families. They even included fun facts about the locations! I think my favorite one was this one from South Bend, IN: Two years before they even met, Meg and Greg independently attended the same Notre Dame vs. Boston College home football game. They realized this when Greg borrowed one of Meg’s old raincoats, put his hand in the pocket, and pulled out her ND vs. BC ticket stub. Coincidence or fate? We’re going with fate! In keeping with the personal touches, Meg and Greg provided personalized ice cream scoop favors for each guest, since ice cream is a nightly treat for them
Every wedding needs some sort of surprise. We think Meg and Greg pulled off the greatest surprise of the year for their guests. What everyone thought was such a sweet and emotional first dance, turned into one of the greatest dance mixes of all time! Thanks to Randy B
, Meg and Greg were able to pull off a choreographed routine filled with props and a fog machine! As soon as the song changed from John Michael Montgomery’s “Home to You” to the Black Eyed Peas “Let’s Get It Started,” the room went crazy! Their dance ended with a standing ovation from their friends and family (and even the Fearrington staff!). You can check out their entire first dance here
This wedding was a great way to end 2013, and we could not have asked for a better couple! A huge thank you to Meg and Greg for letting us be part of their special day! Also, thanks for this kind review on WeddingWire
I really can’t say enough great things about Megan, Gina and A Southern Soiree. These are some of the many reasons why my husband and I love Megan, Gina and A Southern Soiree:
– They are incredibly organized, prompt, and professional. Megan and Gina kept track of all the details for our wedding. They set up all of our vendor meetings and handled all the communication with vendors. As a Type A person, this was a tremendous stress relief for me, and really allowed me to just let go and enjoy the wedding planning process.
– They have great contacts in the wedding business. Megan has great relationships with the best wedding venues, photographers, DJs, florists, bakeries, transportation, lighting companies, etc. This was great for us for several reasons: 1) I completely trusted Megan’s opinion, so by extension, I trusted everyone she referred us to. This took a lot of stress out of the wedding planning process because we didn’t have to “vet” anyone. 2) We got fantastic treatment from everyone, and I think this was at least in part because we were working with Megan and A Southern Soiree.
– They are extremely available to their clients – by cell phone and email and always respond promptly.
– Related to that, they are very flexible with meeting times and have lots of availability. This was crucial for me, since my job involves lots of long hours with limited flexibility.
– They have great ideas and are great at making things happen.
– They are great problem solvers. On my wedding day, the zipper on one of my bridesmaid’s dresses split open. Megan and Gina were completely prepared with a sewing kit and Gina was right there on her hands and knees sewing my bridesmaid into her dress. This could have been incredibly stressful, but because of Megan and Gina, I was able to stay totally relaxed.
– They’re really great, fun people who genuinely care about their clients.
We would strongly recommend Megan, Gina, and A Southern Soiree! Love them!!
Also, thank you to Michael Moss Photography for capturing these great images!
Meg’s mom and bridesmaid helping her into the dress!
Love the emotion in this picture of Greg reading a letter from his soon to be wife 🙂
Love these programs from PaperBuzz that matched their invitations.
Here she comes!
He’s a keeper. Meg!
Saying their ‘I Dos’
They’re married 🙂
This is such a great shot!
Rain didn’t hold this bride back! Meg is rocking those rain boots 😉
Lookin’ good boys!
Fearrington Village is so pretty in the winter!
Of course we had matching escort cards too!
Personalized table names!
Mmmm …. those stations sound delicious! Our favorite was Taste of the South!
First dance …
… that turned into a full on choreographed routine by the bride and groom! AMAZING!
Greg showing off his moves!
Delicious cake made by Fearrington!
Randy B kept the dance floor packed all night!
Personalized ice cream scoop favors!
Congratulations Meg and Greg!
A big thank you to the wonderful team of vendors that made this wedding flawless!
Ceremony Venue – St. Thomas More
Reception Venue – Fearrington Barn
Photographer – Michael Moss
DJ – Bunn DJ (Randy)
Flowers – Fearrington
Cake – Fearrington
Stationary – Paper Buzz
Lighting – K2 Productions
Transportation – White Horse and Elite Coach